Tuesday 16 September 2014

The Best Thing That Could Have Ever Happened To Me


- BY PRIYANKA

I am the other person who seemingly co-owns this blog. I would initiate my first blog post by thanking the other owner of this blog who also happens to be very close to my heart and has put in all efforts to bring this blog into shape. In fact she has been after my life to post my first blog but realization dawned upon me only today about what should be my first post!!


I am due to complete 5 years of marriage next week and this is my anniversary gift to him.

I have always maintained that I have a high opinion of him in my circle of know-how. However, this will be the first time when I would be putting together my thoughts in writing about this man in my life and I begin by saying, “He is the best thing that could have ever happened to me”. In fact he is THE BEST thing that could have ever happened to anyone but now that he has happened to me, the other women will have to settle with lesser than the best. Sorry folks! He is all mine.

To sketch his profile, he is well educated, comes from one of the top most colleges of the country, works for an MNC in a senior management position and is yet completely and utterly homely. He is 6 feet with a decent built and Oh my god! What Sexy Legs! :) But I am going to leave aside his body parts for the purpose of this blog and rather focus on his golden heart.

We are both working and blessed with two kids: one is a little over two years and the other is 8 months old. My parents take care of the children when we are at our respective jobs. My husband is one of those few Indian men who rush home from work in order to spend quality time with his kids and family. He seeks every opportunity voluntarily to do the chores associated with the kids, be it feeding them, teaching them, playing with them or even cleaning their pee and poop. There are times when I am occupied with other household activities and I would come back only to be surprised that the pee and poop of my kids is all cleaned, they are nicely dressed up and well fed and if the time is appropriate, even tucked in.

He is an epitome of perfection and also a difficult man to live with (perfection is never easy to put up with!) but I appreciate his focus and planning on a daily basis, his passion for everything he does and how he manages to take every task to its destined delivery without ever complaining of being tired or needing a break.

There have been situations wherein I would have instantly reacted but he stays calm. He chooses which episode in life is worthy of his attention and reaction and saves his energy by ignoring most of the episodes life throws up at us on a daily basis. That’s a quality very few have and I call it, 'Patience'.


I have learnt to become a more accommodating person because of him. I always thought that I was a good enough human being, considerate to others, could handle any situation in life with ease and that’s how my close ones always made me believe I was but here I choose to marry a man who was always a step ahead. I had a lot of catching up to do and am still trying hard to earn that one day when he can say with as much confidence and pride as I do that I am the best thing that has ever happened to him (or at least that he couldn’t have had a better partner than me). I for sure couldn’t have sought a better match for myself: a man to look up to on a daily basis, a man who lives by his principles, a man who is visionary & at the same time believes in investing time and efforts to nurture his family, a man who forgives easily, a man who symbolizes perfection on both professional and personal fronts.

Professionally he has always been ten on ten and personally I wish there was a better score than 10/10.

To me he is a legend! Only this one is true not a fairy tale and close to my heart. I am one of those few lucky people whose spouse is also their best friend and no amount of gratitude would suffice to express how thankful I am to God and to my husband. Thank you dear partner for accepting me with my flaws and leaving a trail for me to follow your footsteps. Having said that, please exit from the domestic chores like dusting and cleaning and let me take care of them. Please stop pestering me about figuring out work at home on all weekends and allow yourself and me some rest.

On a serious note, you deserve to be treated like a prince and I will treat you like one. Happy anniversary in advance! May we have myriad years of togetherness!

Love you always.

3 comments:

  1. It appears that you & your husband have a great understanding as well as mutual love & respect for each other, which is wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am speechless with such a nice gift....can only say that.. Life has been dream run with you and I love the way you love me.
    Husband of Writer of Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! And in my true opinion receiving this as a present would be more delighting than anything else. love your blogs by the way.

    ReplyDelete